Saturday, July 23, 2005

Multi-Cultural Worship Workshop

Just got back from a very moving and freeing all-day workshop put on Krista-Dawn Kimsey at the church. Wow! Here's a few things that really got me thinking:
Worship = the transformational act of recognizing God's invitation of love and offering our lives in response to Him. Worship is our RESPONSE to what God has already done.

Worship leaders [that's me!] are leaders of the Spiritual Formation of [our] congregation. [I am] NOT just a song leader!!

Worship leaders are prophets and Gatekeepers to point the way to Jesus and teach the congregation how to live in the Kingdom of God.

Worship leaders are pastors, shepherd that love and guide their congregation to healing and wholeness.
One of the major elements that I took away from this event was how Krista-Dawn addressed our fears. What fears do I have when I am up leading worship? I'm afraid I might offend, look like an idiot, that my experience won't be authentic, and play wrong notes that distract the congregation and other musicians. What was amazing was that I will look like a fool, I will offend SOMEONE (Jesus seemed to do that quite a bit too), I will mess up and it will feel unnatural sometimes. As simple as that. That's so freeing! I shouldn't worry about those things, because no matter what I do, it's going to happen anyway. I just need to show up and make the effort to be real, love people, do my best and look for what God has planned for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home