Monday, January 16, 2006

Good News: I am not a heretic!

While it seems to be a little tongue in cheek, this little quiz does give you a sense of where you stand. Here’s my results:
You scored as Chalcedon compliant. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

75%

Pelagianism

58%

Nestorianism

42%

Adoptionist

33%

Apollanarian

33%

Monophysitism

33%

Modalism

25%

Docetism

8%

Albigensianism

8%

Monarchianism

8%

Socinianism

8%

Donatism

0%

Gnosticism

0%

Arianism

0%

Are you a heretic?
created with QuizFarm.com
I guess I'm still a "Fundamentalist", but I noticed that I score pretty high with Pelagianism (the belief in radical free will and the goodness of the natural world) and Nestorianism (the belief that Jesus was not a unified being, both God and man simultaneously). While I do not deny that human beings have complete free will--and, thus responsibility for their actions--I believe that humans are "tainted" with sin. That is not to say that physical mater is, itself, evil. Rather, that people pass on error from generation to generation. To what degree that genetics, family spiritual legacies or cultural environments play a part, I am not sure. Obviously though, I understand Jesus as a single being, who, from the beginning was God and was imparted into physical humanity through some unknown means. He was simultaneously fully human and fully God.

For more info on heresies, check out the following:

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 08, 2006, Blogger The Unseen One said...

Very interesting post. I ended up 100% Chalcedon compliant myself, although I was a bit miffed that I ended up 33% Gnostic.

Great blog.

- The Unseen Blogger
(former BRS member on UO)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home